A Room with a View

Here's what happens when you are sleeping in a hotel with wooden blinds that have a hole on it. This is how a room turns up to be the body of the camera. 7.00 am in a hotel in France. I was sleeping. My mom wasn't, and she wakes me up saying that there's a ghost in the room, “look, it's moving!” (she knew that it was not a ghost, but she tried (in vain) to scare me). I opened my eyes, and saw something moving on the wall. Few seconds after trying to guess what was happening there, I realised then what my eyes were seeing, live, for the first time. A room with a view. First, the leaves of the trees moving, then some cars passing by, and finaly a man walking the dog. Everything accompanied by the original sountrack of an early morning summer routine. A little bit blurred and not on focus. And upside down. Like it does in the camera. I had to wake up after a couple of minutes admiring the scene from the bed, and take the pictures. So these are the first "stenopeic room" pictures that I have ever taken in my life. Hope is not the last one! :)
Check out this website to see a great project that a group of artists made using this process.
And here, how to create your own stenopeic room.


Això és el que passa quan estàs dormint en un hotel amb finestres de fusta amb un foradet. Així és com una càmera passa a ser el cos d'una càmera. 7 del matí en un hotel de França. Jo dormia. Ma mare no, i em desperta dient que hi ha un fantasma a l'habitació, "mira, es mou!" (ella sabia perfectament que no era un fantasma, però va intentar espantar-me, en va). Vaig obrir els ulls, i vaig veure alguna cosa movent-se a la paret. Després d'uns segons intentant interpretar què podia ser allò que es movia, vaig adonar-me de què estaven veient els meus ulls, en directe, per primera vegada. Una habitació amb vistes. Primer, les fulles dels arbres movent-se, després alguns cotxes passant, i finalment un home passejant el gos. Tot això acompanyat de la banda sonora de la rutina d'un matí d'estiu. Una mica borrós i una mica desenfocat. I de cap per avall. Com passa a l'interior de la càmera. Vaig haver d'aixecar-me per fer la foto, després de contemplar l'escena durant uns minuts. Doncs aquestes són les primeres fotos que faig en una "habitació estenopeica". Espero que no siguin les últimes! :)
Mireu aquest enllaç per veure un projecte creat utilitzant aquest procés, fet per un grup d'artistes.
I aquest enllaç per veure com crear la vostra pròpia habitació estenopeica.

Comentaris

Entrades populars